ASME Plant Inspector Level 1
OFFER - 25% DISCOUNT or BUY-1-GET-1-HALF-PRICE ON ASME AND API COURSES - AVAILABLE UNTIL 31 AUGUST 2021*
*Terms and conditions apply. For BUY-1-GET-1-HALF-PRICE, you pay the highest standard rate of the 2 courses. For further online dates or for the BUY-1-GET-1-HALF-PRICE offer, please contact UKtraining@rina.org
Our ASME Level 1 plant inspector foundation course provides delegates with the basic skills required to demonstrate their abilities as a plant inspector.
“The RINA ASME Level 1 course was excellent in content and structure and also superbly managed and presented, I have attended numerous API, CSWIP and Quality Management courses over the recent years and therefore I can speak from experience, not the usual mind-numbing hours of Powerpoint slides…I would certainly recommend courses offered by RINA, the three presenters on the ASME Level 1 course demonstrated that their knowledge and experience is why they are presenting the course, it was not just someone reading from a textbook, they are experts in their field and able and willing at any time to discuss and elaborate for the benefit of the whole class on any of the topics” – James Leitch, Spring 2021
Rather than focusing solely on ASME codes, RINA's ASME Plant Inspector Certificate Programme (PICP) references a broad selection of multi-national inspection codes, resulting in a course that covers a wide range of international inspection practices used for various equipment items and encompassing a range of technical opinions. The course is both suitable for those wishing to start a career in specialised plant inspection involving further ASME and API qualifications and those wishing to move into plant inspection from another discipline such as non-destructive testing. Delegates gain extensive technical knowledge on inspection principles, frequencies, equipment damage mechanisms and the types and techniques of inspection; they are able to use basic code calculations employed by the oil, petrochemical and process industries and become knowledgeable in inspection plans and written schemes of examination. Delegates are able to carry out practical inspections and write narrative technical descriptions.
The ASME Plant Inspector Certificate Programme consists of three levels:
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 1
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 2 – (Senior) Plant Inspector
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 3 – Technical Authority
ASME Level 1 takes place over 5 days. The course takes 2 formats, either 4 days in the classroom with 1 day in the workshop or 5 days online. If you are interested in an online-only course, please contact UKtraining@rina.org.
The course addresses ten main aspects of plant inspection:
- Background engineering knowledge including pressure equipment types and basic materials
- The inspection role including the objectives of inspection reports
- Statutory requirements
- Equipment failure modes including principal stress and crack propagation
- Damage mechanisms (DMs) including fatigue and creep
- Detection of DMs including techniques of thickness measurement
- Evaluation of degraded items including measurement of vessel peaking and distortion
- Specific equipment inspection plans including inspection frequencies
- Inspection reporting including the use of the correct technical terminology
- Practical skills including writing an assessed inspection plan.
All course material, text books, exam and certificate costs are included in the course fee.
Course assessment takes the form of an exam which entails three components:
- A series of multiple choice questions
- Two narrative questions
- An assessed inspection plan and/or a reporting exercise.
Successful delegates receive a formal ASME certificate.
Interested in in-company training? We can provide this course at your site. Please contact the Training Team for more information at UKtraining@rina.org