RINA is committed to mitigating risks, minimising the likelihood of harm to people or the environment, and ensuring our customers benefit from high-quality services.
We set ourselves ambitious quality, safety, health and environmental (QHSE) goals – and aim to attain and, if possible, surpass those goals.
We are focused on:
- providing a safe environment, free of injuries and ill health, to employees, freelance contractors on company business, and visitors
- protecting our environment and that of communities near our operations, including preventing pollution
- ensuring everyone working on our behalf is aware of the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policy and takes heed of all HSE programmes in place within our workplace and those of the vendors we visit
- delivering outstanding results for customers.
By employing reliable, highly trained people and keeping them motivated, and ensuring we have well-documented procedures and a proactive risk management reporting system, we can reach our goal of zero injuries.
We use management systems that standardise our QHSE processes across the business, while giving each site the flexibility and freedom to operate according to local conditions and requirements.
- RINA has certification from Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance for its quality management system in accordance with the international standard BS EN ISO9001:2015.
We undertake appropriate reviews to measure progress on established objectives, ensure compliance and strive for continual improvement with the management of our QHSE management and performance.
Our QHSE responsibilities
- We are committed to complying with requirements and continually improving the effectiveness of our quality management systems
- We will provide a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives
- We will endeavor to understand and deliver what customers need at a price that represents value for money
- Our projects will operate at a good profit level to assure long-term relationships with customers and partners
- We will look for new and improved ways to do things
- All relationships will be approached with a win-win attitude
- We will maintain mutually open, honest and timely communications to build trust.
Health and safety responsibilities
- We are committed to preventing injury and ill health, continually improving health and safety management and performance, and periodically reviewing our policy
- We will keep employees and freelancers informed of health and safety issues in the workplace, communicate our policy and make everyone aware of their health and safety obligations
- We will comply with the statutory requirements for occupational safety and health in the workplace
- Instructions regarding health and safety will be posted where they can be clearly seen.
- Where practicable, we will minimise the impact on the local and global environment from our operations, products and activities
- We are committed to preventing pollution
- We will use duplex printers
- We will use low-ozone-emission printers and non-CFC-emission devices
- We will use non-pollutant cleaning chemicals
- We will use energy-saving devices.
RINA Group HSE Policy