ASME Plant Inspector Level 2
Our ASME Level 2 plant inspector course provides delegates who have existing plant inspector qualifications with the knowledge required to operate at a senior technical level.
The Level 2 course places emphasis on the ability to perform basic code design to establish minimum required thickness as well as the creation of detailed technical reports. These are attributes which allow plant inspectors to demonstrate a higher level of plant inspection in the oil, gas and petroleum industry, allowing them to progress to a higher inspection or technical authority position.
The ASME Plant Inspector Certificate Programme consists of three levels:
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 1
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 2 – (Senior) Plant Inspector
- ASME Plant Inspector Level 3 – Technical Authority.
Most delegates are advised to undertake ASME Level 1 first as the foundation course covers fundamental basics required to move on to other ASME and API examinations.
The course addresses eight main aspects of plant inspection:
- Material properties in relation to design code practice including proof stress
- Design code reassessments including the use of reassessment calculations
- How to compile a Working Scheme of Examination (WSE) and the importance of having one that is technically strong
- An overview of common damage mechanisms
- Remaining life and inspection frequencies including the creep-rupture lifetime of high temperature components
- Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) principles including Non Destructive Examination (NDE) techniques for NII
- NII justification and decision records
- Pressure equipment repairs including post-repair issues.
All course material, text books, exam and certificate costs are included in the course fee.
Delegates must undergo an assessment procedure to attend this course.
Course assessment is carried out via a number of means:
- Continuous assessment of daily homework and classroom exercises
- An assessment paper with qualitative multi-choice questions
- An assessment paper with two narrative questions.
Successful delegates receive a formal ASME certificate.
Interested in in-company training? We can provide this course at your site. Please contact the Training Team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org